Are you starting to perform CATARACT surgery?
The promise of this MASTER-CLASS:
This lecture will help you ACCELERATE your TRAINING in PHACOEMULSIFICATION during your first cataract surgeries.
Who is this Master-Class for?
- Ophthalmology residents.
- Ophthalmology Specialists interested in getting started in PHACOEMULSFICATION.
How are you going to get it?
Have a look and see what we show you in this lecture:
- Basics and history: lens anatomy
- Principles IOL calculations, IOL formulas, parameters, corneal power...
- Which IOL is the best?: premium and toric IOLs.
- SELECTION of the Patient: how to properly choose the first cases to begin is KEY.
- DRAPING AND PREPPING: evidence.
- All you need to know about INSTRUMENTAL and VISCOELASTICS.
- STEP by STEP surgery:
- Set-up machines, incisions.
- CAPSULORRHEXIS: tricks.
- Hydro-disecction and rotation of the nucleous
- Basics of phaco fluidics / power: divide & conquer
- Cortex removal / I&A
- IOL insertion into the bag and seal incision
- Complications: PCO, PCR...
Dr. Hirabayashi is the founder of EyeFlyMD (EyeFlyMD.com) and co-founder of eyeSpace Ophthalmology (eyeSpace.ai and available on the Apple iOS App Store). He is currently training at the University of Missouri in Columbia and planning to specialize in refractive surgery.
He is dedicated to innovation, education, and mentorship having published numerous peer-reviewed articles as well as several educational guides available on in print and online. Dr. Hirabayashi’s research focuses on anterior segment topics including micro-invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS) and cataract/refractive surgery. He is part of several initiatives to use innovative technology to improve outcomes for patients.
Outside of ophthalmology, he spends his weekends as a flight instructor and traveling with his family and dogs.